Search This Blog

Wednesday 9 April 2014

Evalutaion - Question 1 - Poster


Above is the poster I took most of my inspiration from, side by side with the final poster for my film.

The most striking similarity - and the one I have tried to replicate most - is the house style. Both posters have a white background, and similar colour schemes. Both follow a mostly white colour scheme, with the only other colours being black and the plain colours of the characters' and their clothes.

They follow simple, and well established design principles such as the use of narrative coding. They have characters standing in the front of the composition - the main characters - and less significant characters behind them. In the case of my poster, I chose to only include the primary love interest of the protagonist. I chose to do this as it gave me the chance to do some interesting graphic design work with the whiteboard in the background and the stance of the main character, suggesting that he had maybe drawn it himself, which gave an interesting visual aesthetic to the over all look.

Originally, I toyed about with the idea of having more characters in the poster, but decided to keep the poster focused on these two characters, as it was looking too cluttered with the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment