Search This Blog

Sunday 13 April 2014

Evaluation - Question 3 - Conclusion

From my Audience Feedback I have learned the following things about:

- My Final Product

I managed to successfully write and craft a film that was appropriate to the genre in it's conventions and appealed to my target audience. I learned that the set of the film is more important than I initially thought. I believed the function room I filmed in would be suitable and people would suspend their disbelief enough for it to work, but it was too much of a stretch and some audience members were left feeling confused about the set. I also learned a bit more about sound mixing and the value it has. The song in the film was too loud, and some of the dialogue was lost underneath it.

- My Poster

I learned that consistency between products is more than a typeface and colour scheme, and I should have had the characters wearing the same clothes for the photos I took as they wore in the film. This affected the consistency of my product and caused some confusion. I should have also paid more attention to the visibility of my credit block.

- My Magazine Spread

I should have kept the brand of the production company separate from the film. It convoluted the brand identity in the spread, and caused some confusion with the production company logo being there. I also found that my audience felt there was too much white space which is something I will have to be conscious of in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment