Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 April 2014

Evaluation - Question 4

What did you learn about new technologies from the process of constructing this product?

One of the most valuable skills I acquired in the process of making my products is a more in-depth understanding of Adobe programs and their cross platform usefulness. For example, in making my production company logo, seen below, in Adobe Photoshop.
I then took it over into Adobe After Effects and, using a tutorial video that detailed various tools in the program, I made my opening card, seen below. This is a skill which I am very glad I have acquired, and will come in very handy in the future.
The final Adobe program I learned how to use was InDesign - to make my magazine spread. I had initially planned to just use Photoshop for this ancillary task, but after realising it wouldn't be practical, I asked my teacher what to use, and she suggested Adobe InDesign for the task. I looked up some basics on the program and learned the rest as I went along, eventually producing my final product and being very satisfied with my use and newly acquired knowledge of the program. 

Also, I learned a bit more about the social networks of YouTube and Facebook through the product. In an attempt to garner more views for the product, I shared it to Facebook multiple times. Most of my friends on Facebook fall within my target audience, which is why I felt it to be a good platform. I also shared it to a social networking site called Reddit, to a specific section dedicated to short films, which meant it was reaching my target audience directly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment