Search This Blog

Monday 24 March 2014

Evaluation - Question 1 - Cinematography

One of the most well known forms and conventions present in the style of a mockumentary would be the 'talking head'. This is a device usually used to deliver punchlines, exposition, or even (as shown below) intense emotional character development. I have included an example of Talking Heads from 'Spinal Tap' below...





This is a way to give character information, exposition and (most importantly) a punch line. This is one way in which I followed the forms of the mockumentary genre through my camerawork as seen below.


This is an example of how I have followed forms and conventions of the mockumentary style through camerawork. I think that the 'talking head' is an extremely useful way of moving a story along in a believable way, and allows a way to present the main narrative features within the story such as the equilibrium and disequilibrium and the new equilibrium.

No comments:

Post a Comment