Search This Blog

Friday 11 April 2014

Evaulation - Question 3 - Film Feedback Response

From the focus groups, and the recordings I have of their feedback, here is what I have learned about their reactions to my Film:

- The group generally found my Film to be funny. As my film is a comedy, this shows that I have succeeded in making a comedy. I have feedback from my target audience proving I could craft a film within a genre and to be aimed at a particular group.

- One person in the group mentioned they were confused by the set. We originally wanted to film in a more authentic location such as a community centre classroom, or a college classroom, but unfortunately we could not have these. We could not get actors available at the times that the rooms were available, as well as not being able to deal with the limitations of working within a working college. We would have struggled to get around other scheduling which would have came before ours, so we chose to film at a local function room. My personal logic was that the teacher would use any space available to teach his classes, so it seemed reasonable, but confusion was understandable.

- People felt that my cinematography and camera use was quite deft overall, other than someone making a valid point in that some action was lost. We tried to stay away from using a tripod during filming - unless we were doing any Talking Heads - in order to give it a more documentary-esque feeling. I believe this succeeded, but we maybe went a bit overboard and, as someone says in the feedback, the action was lost.

- Some people noted the original song as being well-used, but there was a criticism of it being too loud and some dialogue being lost underneath it, which I think is a valid point but, due to time contraints, I did not have time to work on that as much as I would have liked to.

1 comment:

  1. What have you learned from this? How would you apply this to future projects?

    ReplyDelete