Search This Blog

Sunday 13 April 2014

Evaluation - Question 3 - Poster Feedback Response

From my focus group, I learned the following about my Poster:

- The main character being in colour and the love interest being in black and white added an intersting distinction between them which my audience liked and helped distinguish him as the protagonist within the piece.

- It reflects the mood, tone and genre of my film in it's simplicity, which is something I was aiming to achieve through my house style, and the audience understood this.

- The poster gives a good idea of the what the film will be about which is the aim of any promotional poster. I believe this is because of the tone of my product. Also, the typeface I used for my logo - the typewriter style - keeps the poster looking simple, professional and not overly complicated which I was very pleased to hear.

- Some people raised issues with the credit block on the bottom of my poster. They believed it to be too faded and difficult to read. I believe I could have made the font stand out a bit more by giving it more of an outline or perhaps making it a different colour.

- Someone in the group mentioned that the clothing the main character was wearing in the photo of him was totally different than what he wears in the film. This was a lapse on my part and something I should have picked up on much earlier when I was actually taking the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment