Search This Blog

Monday 11 November 2013

Production Company Research

In the process of making my own production company for my short film, I felt it appropriate to look into a few smaller production companies for short films.

One company I looked into earlier for my pitch, was BFI (British Film Institution) which is a company dedicated to helping people in the UK appreciate the art of the moving picture, as well as helping people produce films, both small and larger in scale. Their logo is quite simple and reflects film as an art form, combining elements of depth of field, lens flare, as well as focus.



This is the logo for Coffee Films, a company that makes many independent shorts as well as wildlife movies. I notice there is a through line in the colour scheme. This is a very professional, black and white colour scheme that I feel gives a great impression. The artistic style of this logo in particular gives off the right messages from Coffee Films, making them seem artistic and creative. 


I think the black and white, simplistic styles of these companies will have a very large influence onthe final brand identity of my production company.

1 comment: