Search This Blog

Monday 14 October 2013

Finished Script

Here is my finished script for my piece:













‘Lecture’
A Short Film.
Written by Connor Woods.














1.
INT. CLASSROOM. DAY.
[Interview with MICHEAL. The teacher. He looks happy.]
MICHEAL
Look at you or the camer… you? Right. My name’s Micheal. I teach Media Production here at the community centre to 18 plus students. They’re good people… mostly anyways. What? Oh. I live on my own, got a gorgeous girlfriend, ya know… Life’s pretty damn good right now.
FADE TO BLACK.
CUT TO:
2.
INT. CLASSROOM. DAY.
[The next day. Interview with MICHEAL. He’s been crying. A lot.]
MICHEAL
So some stuff has happened. My girlfriend has left me. My old dog’s been put down. My dad has cancer. I’m gonna… gonna go to class.
CUT TO:
3.
INT. CLASSROOM. DAY.
[All of MICHEAL’S class are here, WILL, LUCY, JIM, and ANDY, along with his student teacher, RACHAEL. ANDY is smiling at the camera, trying to get some face time, but being ignored. Jim is egging him on. The camera is focused in on Will and Lucy who are having an inaudible conversation. There’s clearly some chemistry there. Micheal walks in, clearly still not fit to teach. He sits down, takes his coat off, looks around, then walks out.]
MICHEAL
You take them Rach. I can’t.
4.
INT. CLASSROOM. DAY.
[Interview with RACHAEL.]
RACHAEL
I’m Rachael. The student teacher. I like running, Pitch Perfect… and Greggs. Hm? What? Andy? Well… I think he proper fancies me… who wouldn’t? But I have a bit of a thing for Micheal. Don’t tell him!
[During that speech, we cut to a shot of ANDY hitting on Rachael, and her looking rather disgusted. The camera then pans over to WILL, who looks straight at the camera, emotionless.]
CUT TO:
5.
[Interview with WILL.]
WILL
Andy. What a great guy. Love him.
INTERVIEWER
What do you think of Lucy?
WILL [Embarrassed]
Oh? Erm…
CUT TO:
[LUCY is working, taking a few notes.]
WILL [V.O]
She’s a very lovely lady?
CUT TO:
6.
INT. CLASSROOM. DAY
[Interview with Lucy.]
LUCY
So… I’m friends with Micheal’s, now ex, girlfriend. I know she left him, that has to be why he’s like this. I’ve got a plan though.
[Lucy smiles cheekily, obviously planning something.]
CUT TO:
INT. CLASSROOM. DAY.
[Lucy is gathering the class up, into a huddled group to discuss this plan.]
CUT TO:

INT. CLASSROOM. DAY.
[Interview with Lucy.]
LUCY
So… we’re gonna get Mike and Rach alone. Maybe… ya know… get him a rebound? I know she likes him, so why not?
CUT TO:
7.
INT. CLASSROOM. DAY.
[RACHAEL is sat in a room, alone. She looks a bit anxious. MICHEAL walks in, still looking down.]
MICHEAL
Hey, Rach. Lucy said you wanted to see me?
[Rachael ushers the ‘cameras’ out of the room and closes the door. They film through the window in the door.]
RACHAEL
Yeah, erm… I know why you left me to teach this morning. Your girlfriend left you… I’m sorry to hear that.
[She moves closer to him as he starts to break down a bit.]
MICHEAL
Oh god… I’m sorry Rach. I shouldn’t have put that on you. You had no prep time or anything. I’m just a wreck…
RACHAEL
Shhh… It’s okay Micheal. I’m here.
[Rachael puts her arms around him, he isn’t oblivious now.]
MICHEAL
Woah… what’s going on?
RACHAEL
Exactly what you need.
[She moves in to kiss him and he backs right off, totally shocked.]
MICHEAL
What’re you doing?!
RACHAEL
But… Lucy told me that-
MICHEAL
Lucy!? Oh god… they’re trying to… oh wow. I have to go.
[Micheal leaves the room, looking a bit happier. Rachael, however, looks a bit peeved.]
CUT TO:
8.
INT. CLASSROOM. DAY.
[Interview with MICHEAL. He looks much better.]
MICHEAL
The students… they put us together to try and make me feel better. It could’ve been done better, but the gesture’s there, ya know? I feel good. I’m gonna go talk to them. They didn’t have to do all this. Wow…
CUT TO:
9.
INT. CORRIDOR. DAY.
[The camera pans right to left, with music playing, across a door frame. We see WILL stood looking out of a window.]
FADE TO:
[Same shot as before, music still playing. We see LUCY stood in a different place in the room. Will is gone.]
FADE TO:
[Same as before. Instead of Lucy or Will, we see ANDY and JOE.]
FADE TO:
[As before. RACHAEL in place of the others.]
FADE TO:
[As before, instead, we see all of the characters in the places they stood. The camera settles centrally on the door frame again. MICHEAL walks in to frame, knocks on the door and enters.
CUT TO:
10.
[Return to usual mockumentary style of camera work. MICHEAL enters the room.]
MICHEAL
Erm… hi guys. I wanted to talk to you about something. This morning, my girlfriend left me, and I found out my father has cancer. And… my old dog was put down. It wasn’t a good morning, and that’s why I couldn’t teach you, I didn’t feel like I was capable.
ANDY
Oh, hellaw, wasn’t capable, eh?
[Everyone looks at ANDY disapprovingly except JOE, who chuckles to himself.]
MICHEAL
Yeah. Thanks Andy. I shouldn’t have put Rachael in charge because she is still a student teacher, and I’m sorry for that. But, you guys knew something was wrong, didn’t you? You tried to set me and Rach up together, right?
LUCY
Yeah… we’re sorry.
MICHEAL
Don’t be. It might not have worked out the way you wanted, but it had the right effect. I feel better. I know that I have you all as my friends, and you’ll be there for me, and I do still have my dad. As for my girlfriend… ex-girlfriend, well she can get lost. She never treated me like she should have anyways. I’m over her, don’t you guys worry. Now, why don’t you take your seats, and we’ll get started?
[Knock at the door. EMILY comes in, Micheal’s ex-girlfriend.]
EMILY
Hi, Micheal. Sorry to interrupt, but we need to talk. It’s important.
MICHEAL
Oh, erm, I’m sorry, but I’m teaching. Drop me a text, you like talking to me about important stuff through text, right? See ya!
[Emily is taken aback by Micheal’s attitude.]
EMILY
Erm… Micheal. Come on.
WILL
Emily, look. We don’t know each other too well, but you’re a bitch. He has a job to do, we have a topic to learn about. How about you get lost? Make our day better? You’ve fucked with him enough today as it is.
[Everyone looks at WILL, surprised to see him like this. Emily storms out. Micheal looks at Will, nods, turns to Rachael, smiles, and carries on with his life.]

No comments:

Post a Comment