Search This Blog

Wednesday 25 September 2013

Genre of my piece

The Genre of my piece is Comedy/Drama. I am aiming for a feel of warmth and heartwarming situations, but at the same time bringing some laughter to everything. This will help keep everything less serious, as well as these two genres matching quite well. The type of comedy will be quite character driven, and awkward at times, much like the clip included in my presentation of 'This is Spinal Tap' (which is one of my inspirational pieces).

Comedy is a wide genre. It has many sub-genres, and all of these have different conventions. The main conventions of comedy are different comedic conventions which include:

- Satire
- Gross-out humour
- Bawdy jokes
- Puns and wordplay
- Situational humour (awkward humour etc)

These are just a few examples of comedic conventions. I am aiming mainly for Situational Humour in my piece, to be achieved through behaviour of characters.

Drama is different. The genre of drama is more focused on dramatic stories, and generally deals with more serious matter. Both of my genres are quite wide. Drama is more about real characters, that are easily relatable with relatable problems.

1 comment:

  1. You need a little more information on here regarding the comedy/ drama genre including regular conventions and conventions that can be changed or subverted as well as audience expectations.

    ReplyDelete